ACTUAL Announcements Taken from Church Bulletins
- Don’t let worry kill you. Let the Church help.
- Thursday night-Potluck Supper. Prayer and medication to follow.
- Remember in prayer the many who are sick of our church and community.
- For those of you who have children and dont know it, we have a nursery downstairs.
- The rosebud on the altar this morning is to announce the birth of David Alan Belzer, the sin of Rev and Mrs. Julius Belzer.
- This afternoon there will be a meeting in the south and north ends of the church. Children will be baptized at both ends.
- Tuesday at 4PM there will be an ice cream social. All ladies giving milk will please come early.
- Wednesday, the Ladies Liturgy Society will meet. Mrs. Jones will sing Put Me In My Little Bed accompanied by the pastor.
- Thursday at 5PM there will be a meeting of the Little Mothers Club. All wishing to become Little Mothers, please see the minister in his private study.
- This being Easter Sunday, we will ask Mrs. Lewis to come forward and lay an egg on the altar.
- The service will close with Little Drops of Water. One of the ladies will start (quietly) and the rest of the congregation will join in.
- Next Sunday, a special collection will be taken to defray the cost of the new carpet. All those wishing to do something on the new carpet will come forward and get a piece of paper.
- The ladies of the church have cast off clothing of every kind ard they may be seen in the church basement Friday.
- A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall. Music will follow.
- At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be What is Hell? Come early and listen to our choir practice.
- Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church. Please use large double door at the side entrance.
- The 1991 Spring Council Retreat will be hell May 10 and 11.
- Pastor is on vacation. Massages can be given to church secretary.
- 8 new choir robes are currently needed, due to the addition of several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.
- Mrs. Johnson will be entering the hospital this week for testes.
- The Senior Choir invites any member of the congregation who enjoys sinning to join the choir.
- Please join us as we show our support for Amy and Alan who is preparing for the girth of their first child.
- Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles, and other items to be recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
- The Lutheran Mens group will meet at 6 PM. Steak, mashed, potatoes, green beans, bread and dessert will be served for a nominal feel.
- Bertha Belch, a missionary from Africa will be speaking tonight at Calvary Memorial Church in Racine. Come tonight and hear Bertha Belch all the way from Africa.
- The cost for attending the Fasting and Prayer conference includes meals.
- Our youth basketball team is back in action Wednesday at 8 p.m. in the recreation hall. Come out and watch us kill Christ the King.
- Miss Charlene Mason sang I will not pass this way again bringing obvious pleasure to the congregation.
- Ladies, dont forget the rummage sale. It’s a chance to get rid of those things not worth keeping around the house. Don’t forget your husbands.
- Next Sunday is the family hayride and bonfire at the Fowlers. Bring your own hot dogs and guns. Friends are welcome! Everyone come for a fun time.
- Smile at someone who is hard to love. Say hell to someone who doesn’t care much about you.
- The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due to a conflict.
- The sermon this morning: Jesus walks on the water. The sermon tonight: Searching for Jesus.
- Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all the help they can get.
- Barbara remains in the hospital and needs blood donors for more transfusions. She is also having trouble sleeping and requests tapes of Pastor Jacks sermons.
- The Over 60’s Choir will be disbanded for the summer with thanks.
- The outreach committee has enlisted 25 visitors to make calls on people who are afflicted with any church.
- The Pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the congregation would lend him their girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday morning.
- There is no Presense of God in the pastors study today.
- Next Sunday Mrs. Vinson will be soloist for the morning service. The pastor will then speak on It’s a terrible experience.
- The Associate Minister unveiled the churchs new tithing campaign slogan last Sunday: "I Upped My Pledge-Up Yours."
Back to the Humor List |
Back to the Entrance
527 visits since 1 March 2013
Last visit was on 2017-08-18 16:23:56