Murphys Laws of Combat
- You are not a superman.
- If it’s stupid but it works, it isn’t stupid.
- Don’t look conspicuous--it draws fire (that’s why aircraft carriers are called bomb magnets).
- When in doubt, empty your magazine.
- Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than you are.
- Never forget that your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
- If your attack is going really well, it’s an ambush.
- No plan survives the first contact intact.
- All 5 second grenade fuses will burn down in 3 seconds.
- Try to look unimportant because the bad guys may be low on ammo.
- If you are forward of your position, the artillery will fall short.
- The enemy diversion you are ignoring is the main attack.
- The important things are always simple.
- The simple things are always hard.
- The easy way is always mined.
- If you are short of everything except enemy, you are in combat.
- When you have secured an area, don’t forget to tell the enemy.
- Incoming fire has the right-of-way.
- Friendly fire, isn’t.
- If the enemy is in range, so are you.
- No combat ready unit has ever passed inspection.
- Beer math is 2 beers x 37 men = 49 cases.
- Body count math is 2 guerrillas plus 1 portable plus 2 pigs = 37 enemy killed in action.
- Things that must be together to work usually cannot be shipped together.
- Radios will fail as soon as you need fire support desperately.
- Anything you do can get you shot, including doing nothing.
- Tracers work both ways.
- The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.
- Make it tough for the enemy to get in and you can’t get out.
- If you take more than your fair share of objectives, you will have more than your fair share of objectives to take.
- When both sides are convinced that they are about to loose, they are both right.
- Professional soldiers are predictable but the world is full of amateurs.
- Murphy was a grunt.
Back to the Humor List |
Back to the Entrance
415 visits since 1 March 2013
Last visit was on 2017-08-19 23:17:15